Meng 1/48 F/A18F Super Hornet "Bounty Hunters" Fighter Kit
ACCEPTING PRE-ORDERS FOR JULY 2022 DELIVERY
Just in time for a certain movie in the cinemas where it is the star, Meng has released the second of its F-18F Super Hornets, exclusively in VF A2 markings.
The combat-proven Super Hornet delivers cutting-edge, next-generation multi-role strike fighter capability, outdistancing current and emerging threats well into the future. The Super Hornet has the capability, flexibility, and performance necessary to modernize the air or naval aviation forces of any country. Two versions of the Super Hornet–the single-seat E model and the two-seat F model–are able to perform virtually every mission in the tactical spectrum, including air superiority, day/night strike with precision-guided weapons, fighter escort, close air support, suppression of enemy air defenses, maritime strike, reconnaissance, forward air control, and tanker missions.
As the latest F/A-18 variants, the F/A-18E/F aircraft have greatly improved electronic equipment and extended combat radius. To perform the missions like air superiority and ground attack and complex tasks including reconnaissance and electronic warfare, the F/A-18F’s rear cockpit weapon systems operator has new advanced cockpit displays and control system. The pilot and the weapon systems operator can perform air-to-air and air-to-ground tasks at the same time. Before the next generation of carrier-based fighters enters service, the F/A-18F will still be the main combat aircraft of the U.S. aircraft carrier battle group.
- This kit includes pre-cut stainless steel photo-etched parts and painting masks, with three high-visibility and low-visibility paint schemes of the VFA-2 Bounty Hunters Squadron.
- The kit includes two U.S. Navy pilot figures.
- The specially designed pluggable main pylons allow the easy change of weapons; this kit includes AGM-65 anti-radiation missiles, GBU-12, and GBU-16 laser-guided bombs.
- The two-seat variant’s cockpit and cockpit interior equipment are precisely replicated.
- Two U.S. Navy pilot figures featuring realistic gestures and finely replicated suits and equipment are included.
- Two flight helmet options are provided.
- Flaps and slats can be installed in retracted or deployed positions.
- Horizontal stabilizers and rudders are movable.
- The specially designed pluggable main pylons allow the easy change of weapons.
- This kit includes weapons like AGM-65 anti-radiation missiles, and GBU-12 and GBU-16 laser-guided bombs.
- Three high-visibility and low-visibility paint schemes of the VFA-2 Bounty Hunters Squadron are provided.