The Fw200 was designed in 1936 as an airliner for Lufthansa. It was of a low-winged, mainly all-metal construction ，First flight was July 1937. Although originally a commercial aircraft, converted to military use, it was as a maritime patrol bomber that the Fw200C-3/4 Condor made its mark during the Second World War. In this capacity, acting in co-operation with U-boat packs, it formed one of the most effective Luftwaffe combinations of the war, and many a convoy was to rue the moment it first spied a Condor above the horizon. Meantime, the airline Fw 200Bs and the few pre production C-0s were pressed into service as transports. Production continued until early I944 through sub types C-1, -2, -3, -4 and -6, a total of 263 Condors of all versions being built. Towards the end of the war, when the Fw 200 marauding tactics had been largely mitigated, several Condors were diverted to transport duties for the use of Hitler and his staff. A projected development, the Fw 300, with enlarged wing span and inline engines of greater power, did not progress beyond the design stage.
- Detailed exterior with engraved panel lines
- Detailed cockpit and landing gear
- Markings for 2 x German aircraft of KG40, 1943.