Trumpeter Aircraft 1/32 A1D AD4 Skyraider USN Aircraft Kit
This Product Usually Ships In 2-3 Business Days
The Douglas A-1 Skyraider was designed during WWII as the new generation torpedo/bomber. Following the war, plans were changed with the Navy adopting the Skyraider as a new all-around strike aircraft. The AD-4 was the largest production variant of the family with a new 2700 horsepower R-3350-26WA engine, strengthened windshield to protect against ground fire, two extra guns, an autopilot and a new arresting hook.
The AD-4 was renamed as A-1D with the new nomenclature of the US Navy in 1962.
- 400 plastic parts
- Photo-etched cockpit details
- Finely detailed engine
- Detailed Cockpit
- Optional position flaps
- Large variety of external loads
- Wings may be built folded or extended
- Optional metal undercarriage
- US Navy, VA-95, AD-4D(A-1D) 515, N(BuNo. 127003)
- USMC, VMA-324, AD-4B(A-1D), 2, LX(BuNo. 132364)