This is a model of the F-14 Tomcat in glorious 1/48 scale. It depicts a U.S. Navy fighter that fulfilled the dual roles of long-range interceptor and air superiority fighter. Deployed from 1974 to 2006, it successfully employed a "swing wing", which offered variable sweep. 478 of the 700-plus Tomcats produced were of the F-14A variety, which refers to most early variants.
- Fuselage length: 398mm; wingspan: 212mm - 408mm (according to position of movable "swing wing").
- The streamlined form of the aircraft is accurately captured, complete with moving wing. It can be depicted at angles from 20-75 degrees.
- The aircraft is depicted in parked position, with landing gear deployed.
- Separate parts are included to depict the different airbag and sealing plate shapes with the wing at 20 and 75 degrees. They can be attached and detached after completion of the model.
- Opening canopy piece allows closer inspection of the detail in the 2-seater cockpit.
- Ladder and step components can be built in deployed or stowed positions.
- Comes with 3 striking high-visibility marking options, which are tentatively planned to depict F-14As from the VF-84 (Jolly Rogers), VF-2 (Bounty Hunters) U.S. Navy Fighter Squadrons and IRIAF (Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force).
- 2 highly realistic figures are included to depict seated pilot and co-pilot.
- A complete set of missiles is included in the kit. AIM-9 Sidewinders (x4), AIM-7 Sparrow (x4) and AIM-54 Phoenix (x4), designed to be fitted to the armament stations and pylons.
- Kit will now include fuel probe and fuel probe bay parts.
- Parts to recreate 267 gallon drop tanks.