Tamiya Aircraft 1/48 Mitsubishi A6M5/5a Zero (Zeke) Fighter Kit
This Product Usually Ships In 2-3 Business Days
At the beginning of the Pacific War, the Zero was an excellent fighter plane. As the war progressed, Model 21, 22, and 32 were introduced and all received numerous improvements such as greater speed and armor reinforcement. During the Pacific War, the Zero was the main fighter plane of the Japanese Navy. The Model 52 continued fighting and appeared in the Solomon Islands in 1943. The wingspan was designed 50cm shorter and in a semicircular shape, different than its Model 22 counterpart. With the improvements of the plane's balance, speed, armor reinforcement, maneuverability, and cruising speed, it resulted in an excellent fighter. The Model 52 Zero took part in the battle at the Mariana Islands, Iwo Jima, and Okinawa, and continued to support the Navy and land forces at the front lines until the end of the war.
- Zero fighter’s elongated proportions from nose to tail and the exquisite engine cowling are all accurately reproduced thanks to a complete measurement of the actual plane.
- Highly detailed cockpit and main landing gear well parts.
- Choice of an up or down flaps, as well as open or closed cowl flap.
- A6M5a with belt-type cannon ammunition system can be recreated. Differences from the A6M5 such as wing panels, spinner and wooden drop tank are highly detailed.
- 3 types of markings are included.
- In addition to a sitting pilot figure, 4 different types of standing pilot figures are included.