Revell Germany Aircraft 1/72 F4U1D Corsair Fighter Kit
Estimated Shipping: 2-3 Business Days
Powered by a 2,000 hp engine and a massive 13' 4" (4 m) propeller, the F4U-1 Corsair was the fastest single-engine fighter of its era. This incredible speed was matched by supreme maneuverability and a total of six .50 caliber machine guns. All combined created a fighter with which the US Navy racked up an 11 to 1 kill ratio during WWII. Its popularity was so great that 12,571 were produced from 1942-1953.
- Structured surfaces with recessed panel joints
- Detailed R2800 radial engine
- Cooling valve manifold selectively open or closed
- Detailed cockpit with instrument panel
- 2 auxiliary fuel tanks
- Movable propeller
- Detailed landing gear
- Waterslide decals
- Illustrated instructions
- Vought F4U-1A Corsair, VMF-214 Squadron, US Marine Corps, Vella Lavella, Solomon Islands, December 1943 "Pappy Boyington"
- Vought F4U-1A Corsair, VF-17 Squadron, US Navy, Bougainville, Solomon Islands, February 1944