Kinetic Models 1/48 South African Air Force Cheetah Kit
This Product Usually Ships In 2-3 Business Days
The Atlas Cheetah is a South African fighter aircraft designed and produced by the aviation company Atlas Aircraft Corporation (later Denel Aeronautics). It was developed at the behest of, and principally operated by, the South African Air Force (SAAF).
- Nicely detailed cockpits
- Positionable canopy
- Full-length intakes down to compressor face
- Full-length exhaust duct
- Positionable landing gear
- Positionable flaps
- Positionable flaperons
- Positionable dorsal and ventral speed brakes
- Landing gear hubs are molded separately from tires for ease of painting
- Fixed canards
- Air refueling probe
- Optional underwing weapons pylons
- Optional Python 3 AAMs
- Optional centerline fuel tank
This release has four marking options:
- Cheetah D, 2nd Sqn, Makhado AFB, SAAF, 2007
- Cheetah D, Test Flight, and Development Center, Overberg AFB, SAAF, 1993
- Cheetah D, 2nd Sqn, Petersburg AFB, SAAF, 2007
- Cheetah D, Escuadirion de Combate 2112, Taura AFB, Ecuador, 2009
The decals are nicely done and include a nice suite of airframe stenciling - painting instructions are provided using Mig numbers.
This is another very nice release from Kinetic and fills another gap in the armed trainer subject list.