The Mirage IIIS was a French Mirage IIIC built to Swiss specifications and built in Switzerland. While the aircraft was nearly identical externally to its French cousin, the Mirage IIIS was built with a stronger airframe and landing gear to withstand movement by crane inside the Swiss caverns that serve as protective airbases. The Mirage IIIS also replaced the French Cyrano radar with a Hughes made system. The aircraft entered service in 1967 and received a major airframe refresh/upgrade in the 1990s where it received canards like the Mirage 50. The Mirage IIIRS replaced the radar nose with a reconnaissance nose and the ability to carry additional reconnaissance sensors in a centerline pod.
Kinetic continues to produce distinctive members of the Mirage III/V family and this kit offers some very nice airframe examples with its nice decal sheet.
- Nicely detailed cockpit
- Choice of fighter or recce instrument panel
- Nice ejection seat that will need aftermarket pilot restraints
- Positionable canopy
- Choice of radar or recce nose
- Positionable landing gear
- Positionable elevons
- Positionable speed brakes
- Nicely engineered intake ducts that end at the engine compressor face
- 2 x RP19R external fuel tanks
- Mirage IIIRS, R-2110, Staffel 10, Buochs AB, 2003, Mirage Swiss Farewell scheme
- Mirage IIIRS, R-2116, Staffel 10, Buochs AB, 2003, Mirage Swiss Farewell scheme
- Mirage IIIRS, R-2111, Staffel 10, Buochs AB, 2002
- Mirage IIIS, J-2327, Staffel 16, Sion AB, 1998