Kinetic 1/48 Fouga Magister Kit CM. 170 (Parts For Two Kits Included)
Estimated Shipping: 2-3 Business Days
The Magister entered production in 1954 with over 900 examples built. A carrier-capable variant was also produced as the CM.175 Zephyr. The type was produced by Fouga in France and license-built by Heinkel-Messerschmitt in Germany, IAI in Israel, and Valmet in Finland.
The Magister has seen military service in at least 25 countries and can be found flying in the warbird community today.
Kinetic took on this project with a good team of experts to create this beautiful new kit. Molded in light gray styrene, this kit is rendered on three parts trees plus one tree of clear parts and one small fret of photo-etch parts. There are two complete kits in this box, so you can build two of the five subjects provided in the kit or look for some aftermarket options.
- Nicely detailed cockpits
- Very detailed nosegear structure in the nose
- Nose hatch is removable to reveal avionics, nosegear structure, and gun bay
- Full-length intake and exhaust ducts with Marbore engine faces fore and aft
- Choice of positionable canopies or single-piece closed canopies/windscreen
- Choice of rear cockpit transparencies
- Positionable landing gear
- Positionable flaps
- Positionable ailerons
- Positionable dorsal and ventral speed brakes
- Landing gear hubs are molded separately from tires for ease of painting
- Optional underwing weapons pylons
- Optional rockets for underwing pylons
- CM.170, MT15/272, Belgian AF
- CM.170, VP585, Patrouille de France, French AF
- CM.170, 312-AX/529, French AF
- CM.170, 216, 147 Sqn, Israeli AF, 1967, Six Day War
- CM.170, 158, Israeli AF Flight School, 1976