An enduring icon of the Vietnam War is the UH-1 Iroquois helicopter, commonly referred to as the “Huey” by troops. This utility helicopter, one of the world’s most recognizable designs, was widely used in Vietnam. In fact, around 7000 were deployed there (out of a total of 16,000 manufactured). Despite being a rugged design, approximately 2500 were lost to combat and accidents in Vietnam, and 2202 pilots were killed.
- Compartment doors can be assembled open/closed
- Bonus helicopter crew included
- Clear plastic parts with detail for windshield and doors
- Machine guns reproduced with fine detail
- New photo-etched parts for upgrading the detail
- Pre-painted photo-etched parts included
- New Cartograf decal offers beautiful markings