The P-47 was the first single-seated fighter to be equipped with a supercharger paired with a 2000 hp engine, allowing it to fly at the same very high altitude as bombers. The P-47 was armed with eight 12.7mm machine guns. With the P-51 Mustang, the Thunderbolt constituted the main fighters of the US Army Air Force. This is the representation of P-47D early production that was nicknamed "razorback" because of the shape of its upper fuselage behind the cockpit. The P-47D was a high-speed, high-altitude capable fighter and escorted the allied bombers that were conducting raids over Germany. Its 1 ton payload and its robustness made the Thunderbolt the perfect aircraft for ground attacking missions.
- This is the representation of P-47D early production that was nicknamed "razorback". The massive form of the plane, especially its belly and its cowling, has been accurately reproduced.
- Flaps come as separate parts and can be attached in the up or down position. 3 types of mirrors, gun sights and propellers are provided.
- Engine cowling flaps and the intercooler air outlets on each side of the fuselage can be represented in the opened or closed position.
- 500 pounds bombs, rocket launchers and 2 types of drop tanks are part of the kit.
- A pilot figure and decals for two different markings are included.